Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pretty pink weekend.

Well, it was a wonderful weekend of me copy-catting all over the place. Both cats are from the Alley Way Stamps set Sitting Pretty. In the purple card, I used the "enamel" dots that I made from children's perler beads. Yes, just melt them in the oven until they sag into pretty dots! It's hard to tell, but the little pink dot was made from a stripped bead and it looks like a little starlight mint. But pink instead of red.

In my second card, I stole the design directly from the Lawn Fawn website, right down to the white dashed lines and the polka dot background. I used the new speech bubble border die and 2 different alphabet sets for the sentiment.

I've never seen a pink kitty, but I'm thinking someone will send this to their little girl, who is still into Barbie colors.

These cards will go to Operation Write Home as soon as I have enough to fill a box. At the rate I'm making them I might just meet the Halloween deadline.

No comments: