Sunday, March 7, 2021

Spellbinders' Let Your Heart Soar, 11 more

 

Sure, so my challenge to myself is to use my subscription kits before the next month's kit arrives on the doorstep. I totally missed doing the January kit, but in my defense it arrived quite late in the month. We'll blame China since they are always a good scapegoat. 

Anyway, I decided with this kit to see how much of it I could use up. I've done 21 cards with this kit and I'm down to 3, maybe 4 good diecuts,  sticker butterflies, and a few puffy stickers and quite a few of the chipboard frames. I'm not entirely done, but I'll be good and tired of it pretty soon. 



For this card, above, I used a border die from last year with the "thank you" cut out of it, from some of the thin patterned paper.  I would like to thank Tina at Cards and Coffee Time for the idea of adding antennae with thin strips of card stock. It makes a world of difference for some of these pretty moths. The puffy stickers had them, so why not the chipboard ones? 


On some of the dimensional stickers, I took out some of the foam sticker layers to make them less tall. For example, this plane was up on a foam dot, the trailing flag was up on another, and the little star circle was up on another. Too much!!  

On the card below, I left the layers in the flower dimensional sticker, but honestly it might require a bigger envelope or another stamp.




For the card above, I used the stamp set and colored a bird with my Polychromos colored pencils. Also, I stamped the card front with a script stamp in Versamark and then clear embossed it.  Who knew Versamark could stay wet enough to stick embossing powder hours later?

Look at the difference the antennae make on the moths.


No comments: