Sunday, May 30, 2021

Moving into May's kit of the month, finally.

 

Spellbinders' May kit of the month is "Beach Day" and is beach and tropical flowered themed.  It comes with a LOT of premade hibiscus die cuts, as well as a bunch of philodendron leaves. For this first card I used the dies that came in the kit to make the anchor and its chain, and filled in around the "ground" with various premade die cuts of shells and plants. Then I slapped on the seahorse in the upper right corner to indicate this whole thing is under water.


In this next card, a mini slimline, I used a mermaid with a beach umbrella and one of the many hibiscus flowers included, as well as 2 kinds of patterned paper and some of the plastic "gemstone" embellishments. This one wouldn't stay shut for a flat photo, even with a tiny glob of adhesive in it, so that's why it's a standup picture.  Funny story, I couldn't bend over far enough to get a more direct-on photo. I take these photos on my little screened in front door area, which isn't very wide.

The sentiment reads "Wonderful, Fresh air & sunshine, Summer life". 

No comments: