Sunday, May 7, 2017

My favorite story

Today's card was completely built around the "Roses All Over" patterned paper on the bottom of the card. The colors in the images and the trim paper are built around the almost navy blue of the print.

The little girl, reading a book, and the sleeping dog are from My Favorite Things' "Our Story" stamp set. The little dragon is from MFT's "Magical Dragons". The sentiment is from an old Jilllibean set called "Typewriter".  By the time I got to the sentiment, I didn't have room for the one I really wanted.

I also used a bunch of different dies on this card. The white, navy and print layers were all first cut from the largest stitched rectangle from Lawn Fawn, The 2 circles were cut from an inside/outside stitched circle set from Simon Says Stamp, and the stitched point and scalloped stitched point are from MFT.

The images were all colored with Spectrum Noir pens and fussy cut. I guess I could have done them with the Brother Scan N Cut, but the scissors were there, and so was I, and the Scan and Cut is in another room.

Last week I bought 72 new Spectrum Noir markers that were on sale, now I had to go back and buy new layers for my marker tower. I wonder how high I can go and still have it stable? My craft room is seriously overcrowded and I just keep getting more stuff. Can I help it if I want ALL the colors? Of everything???

It is time to challenge myself to use stuff from the archaeology pile.  You know, stuff that I bought over a year ago and never used. So that's my next goal. Only this time I won't go through the depressing count of how much fits into that category. The sentiment from the Typewriter set fits that category.  Only, I suspect it doesn't count if I only did it by necessity.

No comments: