Sunday, January 22, 2012

This. This is why I love digital photography.





This isn't a great snapshot, but we love our family. I'm finally getting around to scanning and color correcting all the photos from my Dad's house, and I saved the album from the 70s for last. Woah, I should have gotten those puppies out of that album sooner.

Most of them are faded and quite a few have visible foxing and acid damage from the album. I am not a skilled photo restorer, nor do I think a lot of these are worth it, being Instamatic type shots, but they are a good reminder of our past.  Look at this album. If this is what your old albums look like, GET YOUR PICTURES OUT! Yes I am yelling. The acid in the paper is eating away at your memories.


Oh, back up your digital pictures too, while you are at it!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Wow! You have quite the project there! Thanks for the reminder to back up digi photos! I haven't done most of mine yet.

Pam said...

It's a lot of work but I am sure it will be worth it to have the photos preserved!