Sunday, October 6, 2013

Don't show this to your OCD friends!


So, I got my new Perfect Layers rulers this week and decided to do a card using an Operation Write Home sketch. Yesterday was World Cardmaking Day. I think it is a made up holiday for OWH, but I could be mistaken. The theme is Thank You cards. This is OWH Sketch # 57:


Number 1, when you cut your pieces before adding the layers, they must sit very close to each other  on this design. And number 2, I probably shouldn't do designs that require perfectly lined up pieces. That's all I'm saying, ok? Oh yes, the front of this card is 5 to 8 layers thick, so the front is way heavier than the back. All in all I'm pleased with it, but won't be doing this one again.

Now, about those funky fibers from 2004.


These are the fibers from 2004 that I want to use up. I tried covering shapes with them, and I think we can all agree that's a big fail. The fuzzy ones went into the trash and the ribbon-like ones went back in the ribbon drawer. They'll live on to tie around cards and make bows or knots some day.
This maybe will make a little room for some lightweight jute twine, which is more like this decade, no?

No comments: