Friday, January 30, 2015

A tale of 3 sinks, oh so cautionary.

It is a very good thing I'm not super OCD.

I broke one of my bathroom sinks last week with boiling water. Don't believe all of the life hacks you read on the Internet. Boiling water with Dawn dish-washing soap MAY clear a clogged drain, but it could also crack the porcelain  and ruin the pop-up mechanism too.


This is the 2nd bathroom sink I've replaced in this house. The first was because the pop-up mechanism was broken along with some of the china parts too. My former roommates (AKA "the kids") were pretty rough on stuff and it was just one more broken thing to deal with at the time.

But the "matching" sinks don't really match. The original sinks had 3 overflow holes and a fairly sharp drop from the rim. The first replacement has 2 overflow holes and a more softened drop from the rim. My latest sink not only has only one drain hole, but it has a brand emblem tattooed just under the faucet in black.  Yes, my 2 sinks in the same bathroom don't really match.

I know it's time to remodel the bathroom but I just don't want to. This may be a project for the next owner, KWIM?

No comments: