Sunday, June 7, 2015

Fudgesicles in paradise

It was such a good recipe, how could I lose? I made the fudgesicle recipe on Gemma's Bigger, Bolder Baking website. Seriously, it is a frozen ganache.  It is so good.

But, the recipe called for simmering the cream, milk and cocoa powder first, then melting the chocolate with the hot liquid. Sure, that's pretty standard, but why bother when you have a Vitamix?

I put all the ingredients in the Vitamix and blended on high until it was steamy hot, 3 or 4 minutes. Then I poured the delicious chocolate "juice" into the forms and let it cool a bit. Well, there is one problem with doing it this way. There is some foam at the top which freezes into nothing. So all the fudgesicles have a big gap at the bottom. And I really did fill them all the way to the top of the mold.

It was delicious, though.


So, lesson learned. Next time (and there will be a next time) I will put the whole container in the fridge and after it has cooled off quite a bit I will carefully pour out the chocolate "juice" and leave the foam behind. That leftover foam is very good too. Yum.

No comments: