Sunday, September 6, 2015

Almond "butter" blondies




I'm still working out how to use up all that coconut flour I bought a few weeks back. I thought I would look for some more Paleo recipes, since those are more likely to have coconut flour in them.

Also, I ordered a dry container for the Vitamix a couple of weeks ago and it hasn't been shipped out yet. I had blanched and skinned a bunch of almonds to make almond meal, so I used the food processor to make the almond meal.

There is a site that lists Almond Butter Blondies as a good use for failed almond butter. That is, you grind and grind them but it never becomes butter. The recipe calls for 2/3 cup coconut flakes, so I tried to substitute the flour.

They are delicious, but too dry, not chewy as they are supposed to be. The coconut flour ebook that came with the flour did say to use more eggs when substituting them in a recipe.

The honey was good, thanks to my brother the beekeeper.

No comments: