Sunday, May 22, 2016

Water coloring over embossed text


I just got the "on the edge" set of sentiments from My Favorite Things, and the "HAPPY" just screamed, "Cut me out of white on an angle!". Who am I to argue with inanimate craft items that speak so clearly?

The back panel is white embossed text (Hero Arts) that has been water color stained. Seriously, I just used my Gansai Tambi water colors and picked out a few of my favorites and slopped it down there.

The birthday word stamp and the bird are from The Alley Way Stamps. TAWS went out of business last January, but I have a LOT of their stamps, I was a fan and a subscriber. So, TAWS critters will be on my cards a long time. Yes, this card should have read "HAPPY Bird-day".  I missed that opportunity for a pun. My bad.

No comments: