Friday, May 12, 2017

Die cut sentiments rule!

I was going to call this post, "Look Ma, no stamping!", until I remembered stamping the Wavy Coloring Book Swirls for the water colored backgrounds. Well, there's no stamping on the first one, anyway!

The theme today is, obviously, die cut sentiments. In this first card, the sentiment is from Concord and 9th's You've Got This. It's glued to a rectangle of pink velum, and then glued to a panel cut from some My Favorite Things' Roses All Over patterned paper, and all mounted on a pale pink card base.  I then added some Clear Sparkling sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and called it done! 


In my second card, I used the MFT Wavy Coloring Book Background stamp, white embossed on water color paper. I colored it with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and cut it with a Sizzix dotted rectangle framelit. The sentiment was also from the Sizzix dotted rectangle set. You wouldn't believe the tiny confetti pieces left over after cutting these.

I mounted the 2 sentiment pieces together, then put them on the background with foam tape. Once again, sequins finished them off!


For my third card, I also used the Wavy Coloring Book background, white embossed onto water color paper, and I put watercolor paint very loosely over the design. The sentiment is from MFT's "Hi Hello There" set,.

Both the "You've Got This" and "hello" are triple cut and stacked from plain white card stock. It is very hard to see, but the "hello" is mounted on a strip of green vellum. 




No comments: