Saturday, April 21, 2018

Not card related, but life.

I came back from a lovely cruise to Bermuda (cold temps in Baltimore sailing out and in, windy and beautiful while there, thank you very much). One of my closet shelves collapsed while I was gone. This is the same closet that took me 2 days to fix one support clip back in about 2012.

Anyway, I had to remove all the stuff from the floor, and it was like an archaeological dig in there. Pretty good for a 2.5 foot section of shelving.

So, while unpacking from the cruise, I started to lighten up my closet. You would think I had never done this before, considering how much stuff I let go. 7 or 8 large garbage bags later, and my closet is much looser. This is about half of it. A whole bunch went directly into the trash, also.


My other big dilemma was what I wanted to do as opposed to what I had to do. All I really wanted to do was get back into my craft room and make cards. What I needed to do is get a pair of pants traced off so I could quickly sew up some new ones. Quickly sewing pants is a fantasy of mine. Don't burst my bubble, OK? But the dining room table is all full of cruise packing junk (and my old PC junk, and my paper cutter, etc.). Did I mention that my serger died right before I left for vacation?  I remember buying it back in 1993. It has become a "must have" for my sewing, so I made the time to go buy a new one. But, I can't play with it until I make the space.

Did you know that Goodwill doesn't want your old hangers? For years I was buying new hangers, rather than unhanging stuff that really needed to go. And these are just the ones I took from the stores. I'm keeping or donating the ones I bought to friends.

No comments: