Friday, November 16, 2018

Fa la la! etc.


This reindeer is from a stamp set in my collection for years. I think I got it in 2015, but it came out in 2012. It is "Fa La La" from The Alley Way Stamps.  The actual "falala" on this card is from a die cut, possibly Simon Says Stamp. I'm entering this one in the Retro Rubber Challenge as it is an "anything goes" challenge. I never seem to have the right theme going on for them, but this is perfect because it is anything, LOL.

I cut the falala from the gold foil background panel and covered up the hole with the brown patterned paper. After adding the cut falala on top, and the Copic colored reindeer, I decided to add a bunch of small die-cut snowflakes. These are from My Favorite Things and Paper Smooches. I cut them from foil and glitter card stock, and topped each one off with a drop of copper or gold Nuvo drops.

I added red Stickles to his nose, and when it dried flat I added Nuvo crystal glaze to give it more shine and some dimension.

It is kind of tricky to photograph mirror-foiled paper, but you can really appreciate all the shine on this one. It's one of my favorites so far this year. Deck the halls you all. Whenever you're ready, of course.

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

The gold brings elegance and your reindeer brings some humour: a hard combination to get right but you've aced it! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! I just love your sweet leaping Reindeer, surrounded by all that gold makes this card a fun and also elegant one.
Thank you for playing with RETRO RUBBER this time.
XO

LeAnne said...

Super fun little Christmas card...your falala is divine, but that little reindeer captures my heart! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!