Sunday, February 17, 2019

Trying to channel my inner Amy

I'm still on my flower kick. Today I tried to channel Amy R. from Prairie Paper & Ink.  A few years ago she did a set of water colored note cards that were truly lovely!  But I dived in face first without referencing the original set.

The cards were sketchy flowers, stamped in black and loosely water colored, then splattered, then die cut and stamped sentiments were added with unifying strips of black and white paper.

Here are mine:




First of all, Amy's were portrait style, and she had more room for the die cut sentiments.  The flowers are My Favorite Things' Sketchy Blooms 2, and the sentiments are MFT's Arrow Words.

Mine are colored with Distress Oxide Inks, and I am pleased with the messy way they came out.  I also splattered them with the Distress Oxide Ink in Black Soot.

I finished each one with black and white baker's twine, of which I have a giant spool.

My big take-away from this is that just because the pen says it's waterproof doesn't mean you can watercolor over it.  Copic Multiliners, I'm looking at you.

No comments: