Sunday, October 20, 2019

Getting merry with it!

I'm working with the new Spellbinder's Merry Everything special edition kit.  This kit is huge,  and comes with enough paper and bits to make 25 cards, minimum. So I have another goal, 25 cards from this kit.  It comes with that many card blanks, so I'll know when I've reached my goal.




I used an embossing folder for the background of this last one.  I couldn't ever become a Youtube card maker because I am dreadfully slow at this.  And I have so much admiration for the design team members who stick to the kit contents.  For example, on that top card I used dies from my stash to cut out the XOXO, and on the cat card I used a sentiment from Sunny Studios that read "May your Christmas be purrfect".

The very idea of doing 25 cards with this similar color theme already has me breaking into a sweat and wanting to do something else.  So I will be doing other cards between batches of Merry Everything cards.

One more editorial comment : the adhesive tape and the dimensional foam that comes with the kit are very inconvenient. It's like using a tape runner without the handy applicator.  And the foam squares are tiny. How stingy. I would rather use my ATG any old day.

No comments: