Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID-19 madness.

Yes, that's me in a face mask I made from quilting fabric. It has a twist tie along the top edge for shaping and a pocket opening if I care to put in a filter.

I have a new respect for health care professionals who have to wear these things and actually breathe and work in them. They are freaking HOT. No wonder hospitals are kept so cold.

The first prototype was too small for my face. Or perhaps I put too much pleating in. Anyway, I plan on making a bunch of these for myself and others.

At this time there has been no local call for them, but several hospitals in other parts of the country are desperate enough to ask for donations of them and publish instructions.It's only a matter of time before people start scalping others for these too. Let's not talk about folks hoarding basics like hand sanitizer (understandable) or toilet paper (WTF?)

I'm going to be working from home for the next 2 weeks, then I'll be back at the library working in the mostly empty building.  Staff is divided in half and each is 2 weeks at work and 2 weeks at home.  The public is limited to phone in reference and curbside pickup of materials for the next few weeks or months.

Everyone, please do your part and stay back and safely away from others.


No comments: