Sunday, December 13, 2009

I hate feeling greedy in the season of giving.

Ho ho ho, tis the season to want to buy stuff. For me.


Who am I kidding, it doesn’t matter what time of year it is, sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet about buying something, and I have to have it, like, now.


Just this year I needed, asap, a tortilla press, popsicle molds, retro kitchen embroidery designs, an external hard drive, new cake pans, a paper shredder, a vegetable juicer, a George Foreman grill, the entire Sookie Stackhouse series of novels, a new DVD recorder, the book Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, a 5 quart covered plastic container that will fit in my refrigerator door (for the artisan bread, of course), a Swiffer Wetjet, a cordless vacuum stick, a red ceramic pie plate, and most recently a new flagpole and house flags.


Most of these things I could easily live without, except I obsessed about them a little and either drove to several stores to find them, or spent a LOT of time in the Internet to find just the right one at the right price.


Don’t let me watch infomercials, as I am kind of susceptible to them. Some of those products are good and some I’d rather not remember (steam shark floor cleaner and its brother the Shark cordless sweeper).


I do not like feeling greedy in the season of giving. But I’m spending a lot of time dreaming about my new Kindle. (No I didn’t buy it. Yet.)

No comments: