Saturday, December 5, 2009

I didn't remember I'd seen it before.


The kitchen sink that is.

The backstory is that my sister selected a light fixture for her guest bathroom that is the same as the one in our brother's/sister-in-law's guest bathroom. She didn't make the connection, she just knew when she saw it in the store that it was THE ONE.

I did the exact same thing with his kitchen sink. When I picked mine out I drove 30 miles away to Ft. Lauderdale to the European sink outlet store and spent hours looking at all the sinks before finding just the right one: stainless steel, 2 bowls, the left one being bigger and deeper, and the right one being smaller and easier to reach the bottom of. I've picked out kitchen sinks before but this is the first time I've gone with the one I love rather than the one that fits and is cheap. And I love it.

So, I don't remember seeing it in my brother's kitchen, but I know I must have, because it had been newly remodeled the Christmas of 2006 when I was there, and I bought my sink in June of 2008. I didn't make the connection until I looked under their sink recently and saw the brand name in the inside of the bowl. Blanco. Nice sink.

Now if we could explain why my sister-in-law and I have the same silverware pattern...

No comments: