Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Walking around the neighborhood

So, walking around my neighborhood, I counted, well I tried to count the squirrels but there are so many of them! And they are loud and fuss at me when I walk under "their" trees. It was a good year for acorns last fall and now the critters are big and numerous. I suspect some of the neighbors are feeding them.
My next door neighbor puts out veggies for the bunnies, but I've never seen the squirrels stealing from that supply like they go after seeds in the bird feeders.

One thing that really surprised me was the big mango tree overhanging the fence on Gateway Blvd. I must not have ever walked there when there was fruit on the tree. It sticks way out, making that fruit available for anyone who can pick it. Too bad I don't care for mangos, with as many as grow around here. Here's a picture of the tree, which is near Gateway and Lawrence, if anyone wants to come a-pickin!




I can't tell you if they are ripe or not, though.




No comments: