Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy Caturday, you're pawfect.


I sat around the whole weekend and avoided housework again by stamping, coloring, cutting and pasting. Since you didn't ask, I'll tell you: I have 4 whole cards to show for my weekend! And a ginormous mess on my craft table. And the floor next to the desk, and the shelves immediately to the right and left of the desk, and every other horizontal surface in there. I probably should put up the ironing board so I don't use it for another surface.

I got a new set of stamps with cat images, called Sittin' Pretty by The Alley Way Stamps. These cats are a little bigger than most Lawn Fawn critters, so they look more "important" on the card front.

My coloring isn't that great, in spite of the fact that I keep buying more markers. So I decided to paper piece the cats instead of coloring them. But in the end I liked the colored ones better than the pieced ones. Now I have quite a few stamped and cut out cats and it bugs me to toss them, but at some point I can't use all the images I make as experiments. What's a crafty type to do?

By the way I spent WAY too much time with the backgrounds here. I have really got to start using sketches and stick to them.

I think the way I colored the cat's tail here could be safely called a fail. I'm using it anyway.

Oh darn, I forgot to put the shiny stuff on their noses before I took the pictures. Oh well. Happy Caturday!

No comments: