Monday, September 15, 2014

Buggy thanks!


I made 2 more thank-you cards over the weekend. I wanted to use up the critters from The Alley Way Stamps set called Fly By that I had colored up and cut a couple of weeks ago.

This was one of those times I tried to follow a sketch and it fought me the whole way. The dragonfly and butterfly are so interesting and colorful that the rest of the card needed to be simple. It wasn't until they were done that I noticed a grungy area at the top right of the dragonfly card. It is part of the patterned paper design, honestly I wasn't handling them with filthy paws.

Also, I dropped the "thanks" as I was trying to glue it down and glue seeped out around some of the edges. I tried to get it off with an eraser but I was only partially successful. I'm going to blame my summer cold. Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The "thanks" is cut from a die from Lawn Fawn.

No comments: