Monday, September 29, 2014

Experimenting is fun, not necessarily productive.

So, I experimented with a bunch of stuff yesterday, and I only have this one card to show for it. And it wasn't even the product of most of my experiments!

One thing I did play with was rubbing Distress ink over an embossed background, and that worked out nicely. Then I decided the butterfly (The Alley Way Stamps, Fly By) needed a flight trail. Well you can't stamp the trail after you've embossed, so I tried to "wing it" (lol, I can't help myself). So I hand drew the flight trail. Hmmm.

Most of the rest of the experiments involved texture paint. Since I want to stain them later, they are all over the surfaces where I put them to dry yesterday. It may be a while before I get back to them.

Today I experimented with different backdrops for  the card photo.

How's this? Not so good? I thought so too.

It's another card for Operation Write Home, which is winding down a little. I still have this box I have been working on all year. Yes, I'm slow!

No comments: