Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Flying reindeer, for the win!

Last year my flying reindeer had on sweaters, this year he's naked!

This cutie is from The Alley Way Stamps set "Fa La La", and I stamped him on a page I tore out of a book. I gently colored him with my Spectrum Noir markers. Gently because the paper wanted to grab the ink and run with it. His nose and antlers are shiny with Wink of Stella glitter.

The row of houses at the bottom need more contrast, so the next versions will be colored differently. I am pleased with this as a first effort on old book art, and will be playing some more with it later.

I am down to about 8 square inches of actual work space on my table. I have really got to clean up to make myself a little room.

Good news (at least for me)! Home made glue dots actually work when you use sticker paper for the backing. I had been using the slick stuff that came in a bucket of perler beads, and that was a complete disaster. Heatproof it may be, but not nonstick, KWIM?

No comments: