Saturday, April 16, 2016

Watercolor experiments - again!


So for today's big experiment, I was dropping watercolor onto a heat embossed background. The embossing is from a Recollections music background, and I'm not very happy with it. It was fragmented and blotchy, but so was the water coloring, so, I guess it worked out OK. The sentiment is an old Hero Arts one that I've had for a LONG time.

The die cut is from a Simon Says Stamp die that I got the week after Easter. I was attempting to copy Amy R and Debby Hughes here, and it shows I need a lot more practice, LOL.



I kept this one very simple. After heat embossing the Scripty Thank You border from Lawn Fawn 3 times and heat embossing in white, I used my Zig Real Color brush markers to put down some swaths of color, and blended it out with lots of water. The background paper is from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid 6x6 paper.

Now for the preview:

More watercolor experiments, coming to a blog near me soon. What do you think? Are any of these usable?


No comments: