Friday, May 10, 2019

Coffee themed cards, what could go wrong?

I fell into the alcohol ink fad and went a little crazy on this background.  I was determined to use it for the Spring Coffee Lover's Bloghop. But everything I did looked more like the fall to me. 
I used my coffee cup die from My Favorite Things, and the little fox was in my stash of colored critters. I think this one is from The Alleyway Stamps.

Next up, I used the cute little coffee cups from Simon Says Stamp, and a sentiment from Pretty Cute Stamps. I colored the inlaid bits with some more of the alcohol ink, or my Copic markers.

What could go wrong? Well for starters I didn't notice that this guy's arm fell out until I was editing the picture. What you can see is the backside of the washi tape that is supposed to hold these bits in place.  I  think maybe they are not sticky enough to do the job.

Secondly, the sentiment strip is covering the stamped and embossed sentiment that sort of disappeared into the background. 

Thirdly, my yellow Nuvo drops have gone funny on me.  The bottle is always clogged, and the drops are either too thick or spread too much by turns. I think it was the tapping that knocked the arm out of the coffee mug.

Do you see her crown? It's so tiny it disappears on her head. I do believe I need more coffee today.

11 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Super fun coffee cards - love the vibrant colors!

Fikreta said...

so lovely card!

~amy~ said...

Oooohhh...love your alcohol ink work! I bought a bunch but haven't had a chance to experiment. Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this, Ellen. Orange doesn't get used enough and it's SO pretty. Great job.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous alcohol ink backgrounds and in fantastic colors. It looks great on your cards.

Billie A said...

Great background and colors. Great cards

VanessaB said...

cute cards! :)

Becca Yahrling said...

Well, mishaps or not, they are both adorable!
Love your backgrounds; I haven't tried the alcohol
inking yet.

New Creations said...

Great background in beautiful colors, love it!

tonyamaries said...

Great colors and background!

Hetty said...

Very sweet cards!