Saturday, March 3, 2007

House hunting!


I'm ready! Ready to start hunting for my new home, that is.

Goodbye to this pretty view:


Nina (my dear daughter of 23 years) and I have been mostly comfortable in our rental apartment for 7 months now, but as April 15 looms ahead (soon, real soon) I am reminded that I need a tax deduction. When I got divorced last year my ex-husband kept the house (with an enormous new mortgage), and he also got to keep the entire years worth of interest deductions. (And this is a guy that doesn't even claim all his income.)

So, in the next week or so I will be picking out a realtor and start doing all that involves. I know that the market here is a buyer's market and that suits me just fine.

I told a work colleage that I was looking and another one has been trying to sell me her house. It's beautiful, big and spacious and all that, but it is probably more house than I can afford, even with her reduced price. Real estate isn't moving here in Boynton Beach, FL, and I am hoping to use that to my advantage.

I have the money from my divorce settlement and some that I inherited from my Dad not too long ago. I don't want to be "house poor" like my EX, so, while I want 3 bedrooms and a garage, I also don't want to pay for stuff I don't want, like a big yard or being "gated". I am hoping to get something livable in Boynton for $230k or under.

No, I don't want to live in Leisureville. Although I did just turn 55 and I qualify, LOL.

What do you think? I'll be back to check in!

E.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is moving around here.