Monday, March 12, 2007

Moving is a b*tch.

Even moving my office. My boss said go occupy the office near the front, where the people are. OK, now that I have been there some weeks I understand why he needs me there. There is just so much going on, and the clerks need supervisory support at all times. It is what it is. Plus my new office is quite visible to the public, so I can't just leave a lot of stuff laying about. (Just like my first 9 years as a reference librarian where my desk was out there all the time. I've come full circle.)

Last summer I moved out of my spacious 4 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom apartment with my daughter. I left a lot of stuff behind because there just wasn't any place to keep it. As it is there are boxes piled up in the corner of the living room, the ironing board and sewing are there too, and between my bed and the window is a pile of boxes and stuff 3 1/2 feet high. I'm downsized, but keeping in mind when I get my new house/condo I will have another bedroom and possibly a garage.

My office is similar, but different. I am moving into a slightly smaller office, but one whole wall is taken up with the security camera setup. So I am having difficulty emptying out the old office, trying to keep things tidy but I got a lot of stuff after being in that office 17 years. Old boss liked to keep stuff, new boss does not. Got it.

The person who will move into the old office is coming soon and I can't put it off any longer. Today is another big moving day for me. I will take a bunch of stuff home (to my stuffed apartment) and will just try to squash stuff into the new little office. Too bad I don't downsize my butt at the same time.

My whole library is moving in a few months. I'll get a new office at that time. New boss wants me to keep it clean. Got it. I want to, I really do. Gotta let it go, let it go, it is only stuff, it is only stuff....

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hello. Thank you for your comment. I'm trying to downsize as well. I am definitely relating with the boxes everywhere thing. :) May I ask what it is that shows you I am strong? I have been told I am, but feel so weak and no one can explain to me why they think I am strong....

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.