Friday, November 13, 2009

Meet the car from hell, and his little brother.

It's the car from hell, and it's not really the car's fault. Not really. It's just a fact of life when your owner has no money you will break down more often. I think it must be some kind of Murphy's law or something.

We won't discuss how "they" bought 2 pieces of junk cars instead of one decent one. After all, a gift of money is a gift and "they" decided that this was a better value for them. BUT, and here's the big but, this only is a good value if the original principals still apply. If you have to move in with Mom due to financial restraints, you agree to her fine print. The fine print says in this neighborhood you can't do car repairs in the driveway. The big print (me) says no you can't have my garage for your repairs either.

I've had 3 letters from the homeowner's management company about my violations of the repair rule. I could be fined up to $1000. My son-in-law wants to argue with them. Excuse me, but who do you think you are, a homeowner or something?

So, where do you tow the car so you can do your own repairs? Around these parts you need to know someone with a garage (business) that will let you use their facilities, or you need to be on good terms with someone who lives in a neigborhood where this is allowed.

In the case of my daughter and her hubby, they actually have one place like that, but that spot has been occupied for almost a year by the second car from hell.This car has been in her Dad's back yard for almost a year now while they tried to scrape up enough money to replace the engine. It's almost done, now they have to figure out how to pay for the registration and insurance which they let go when it got broken. (Which had been paid for by yours truly, but who's bitter?)

Her Dad, by the way, wants that space in his yard back for his new boat.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow. That pretty much stinks. I'm sorry. :(