Monday, January 28, 2013

Amazing little device!





This little guy is my newest favorite little toy. Yes, it is a nursery white noise maker.

It plays a little bit of a noise over and over. It has white noise, rain, ocean and heartbeat. The heartbeat is cheesy, more like a clock's tick-tock. I prefer the ocean. If the rain had gentle thunder it would be perfect.

After a week of using this, I think I'm sleeping better. When I wake up in the middle of the night I listen for it rather than trying to figure out why I woke up in the first place. Honestly, it is so quiet in my house at night that I needed something going on.

The bad news is it takes batteries, 3 AAA to be precise. I like rechargable batteries, but they recommend you charge in even groups of 2, so I have to wait until I use up 4 to recharge.

The good news is, well, it's little and doesn't take up a lot of space on the bed stand.  It cost less than $10 at the local Tuesday Morning. That works for me!

Bottom line is, try one of these cheapy units to see if white noise is for you, before you invest in the more expensive models down at the Sharper Image. You may be happy with little cheapy here.

No comments: