Monday, April 7, 2014

Today is a good day.

Seriously, I am thrilled that Clairol is making my boxed hair color again.

I don't remember how long ago it was that my color just stopped being available. I found out they weren't making it anymore, and I bought 10 boxes from Amazon. When those were gone, the price was up to over $30 a box on Ebay. I don't think so. So then I got the color that was similar, but darker, and mixed it down with some blonde. I did that for a long time, and I honestly can't remember how long. Then the darker color disappeared from the stores and I panicked. Amazon to the rescue again.

Well, I really had to find a solution, because I knew the price would creep up on color #2. I tried a product from Sally's beauty supply. I am so glad I did the strand test.
Well, it was so dark and harsh I realized I'd have to go back and get other starter colors. And I had to order the developer online and everything. And the topper is it took 30 minutes! My Clairol box product takes 10 minutes.

Then, last week I saw my original color on the shelf in Publix, of all places. Oh, it was a new name, but the number, 15RG was just as I remembered it. I took all 3 boxes they had on the shelf.

I'm so happy! Now I can ditch the Sally's product. Talk about bad timing, but I'd still rather have my Natural Instincts 15RG. Any day!


No comments: