Saturday, October 15, 2016

My deer friend, and my new toy.


I did it and I'm happy that I did. I gave away my semi-crippled* Silhouette Cameo and bought a Brother Scan N Cut 2. For cutting out stamped images, wow. Just wow. I can't tell you how much easier this is. But I can show you the first images I cut with it!

The tree, the stump and both critters were stamped with Versafine onto Bristol card stock, cut with the ScanNCut2, and then colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. The background is from a 6x6 pad of impressionist type images that I got several years ago at Tuesday Morning.

The tree, stump, and critters are from The Alley Way Stamps. Gosh I miss them.

* For the curious, my Silhouette Cameo got it's USB port fried, so all designs to be cut had to be saved to a memory card. Plus, to cut stamped images I had jump through several hoops first, and even then only one side of the page would cut correctly. I had to guess if it was going to be the right or left side today.

2 comments:

LaVon Hall said...

Love the card! Were your cut files compatible with your new brother machine or did you lose all those files from your Silhouette.

Redhead said...

LaVon, I didn't actually pay for a lot of cut files for the Silhouette, mostly I scanned and traced. I may be able to save them as .svg files in the software, which I still have installed on my computer.