Saturday, October 15, 2016

This little piggy hogs my heart!


These little piggies really have captured my heart! 

True story: I visited the My Favorite Things store in Eustis, FL, back in June when I was staying at my brother's house next door in Leesburg. When I showed my stamps to my sister-in-law, she insisted that I should use them "right now". She pulled out her paper crafting supplies and all her coloring tools and offered me the entire dining room table, to use for the rest of the week.

That's when I discovered you could use the back of a clear plastic plate for an acrylic block, and a table knife makes a pretty good scoring tool. Yeah, all of her stamps are wood mounted rubber.

I colored up a whole page of pigs with assorted colored pencils, mostly Crayola. I later discovered that my favorite gray colored pencil was actually a watercolor pencil. Who knew?


I used the MFT Hog Heaven and wood plank background stamps and a fishtail banner die. The oval and rounded rectangle dies are from Gina Designs, and I don't remember where I got the heart die from. Oops.

Now for my question. Do you prefer the picture with the plain white background, or the one with the music background? The sheet music wasn't quite tall enough for my little Foldio, but I did it anyway.


No comments: