Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Cold nose, warm heart





Today's card is in answer to 2 new challenges this week. The Color Throwdown challenge this week is Hot Pink, Lime Green and Yellow. (CTD456)

I colored my My Favorite Things'  "Top Dog" dogs with Spectrum Noir markers, and arranged them on a circular panel that's stenciled with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink, on another panel that has Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink blended on and sprinkled.

In order to follow the My Favorite Things sketch challenge (mftwsc346), I needed to add a vertical element under the left side of the circle, but I kind of forgot until it was glued down. Vellum to the rescue! It's over, not under, but I'm going to call that artistic license.

3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Love the artistic license! The card came together perfectly and the sentiment is perfect. Not so sure that my dog's nose is cold though...it is our first summer in Florida and he is feeling the heat. Thanks for joining Color Throwdown this week!

arelierbymary said...

Cute card :) I love dogs. This card is lovely :)

Broni said...

I love those adorable pups!! I'm so glad you played along with us at Color Throwdown this week!