Sunday, September 17, 2017

So, how have YOU bean?


So, the last week and half around here has been all about Hurricane Irma. Since I live on the southeast coast of Florida, it looked like it was going to hit us, and hard. People usually don't start striping the stores of bread and water until 2 days before, but this time it was about 5 days ahead.

Anyway, we got a lot of tree damage, and many people lost power, for days. I was fortunate not to, thank God.

I made this card for the 2107 Fall Coffee Lover's Blog Hop. I also used the current sketch challenge at My Favorite Things. Whew!

I colored the "Bitty Bears" from My Favorite Things Stamps with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, and put them with coffee mugs on die-cut leaves. The mug is from MFT's "Our Story", and the leaves are from some older Lawn Fawn dies. The coffee sentiment is from Pretty Cute Stamps' "Coffee Sentiments". The plaid paper is from Lawn Fawn. It is hard to see in the photo, but I used the tiny leaves and acorn stamp from MFT's "Wild Woodland" to stamp the brown borders with a tone on tone subtle pattern.

Thanks for stopping by. Have some coffee, OK?

15 comments:

Shanna Slater said...

Super cute!! Love those little bears :)

Thank you for sharing!!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

~amy~ said...

So happy that you fared well during the storm.

This card is absolutely ADORABLE.

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the plaid you've used. This is lovely.
Blessings,
Karen L
I have a giveaway on my blog for the Coffee Hop.
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

New Creations said...

Those bears are super cute!

Becca Yahrling said...

So happy you're ok from Irma! I work at Publix and the shelves are still being ravaged as fast as the supplies come in. Since all the stores need everything, it has to be rationed until things are back to normal.
I love this beautiful card! Love the plaid, love the sweet bears, love the tone on tone border. Great job.

Michelle said...

Glad you are safe and well! Adorable card for this sketch!

Lisa said...

So adorable! And so wonderful you were spared from too much trouble...

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Glad you are well. Wonderful take on the sketch with this card. The fall leaves are such a fun addition!

Lori Turner said...

Super adorable card - love the plaid! So glad to hear that you are safe from Irma - hugs!

Ann said...

Love the little guy with the umbrella. So cute.

Hetty said...

Susch a cute card, those bears are wonderful
and great leaves behind them.

Fikreta said...

this card is super cute!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute! Love those bears.

VanessaB said...

awwww. so adorable!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!! It's darn cute!!!