Friday, December 21, 2018

To your continued greatness!

I have a new card kit from My Favorite Things, "A Good Time to Wine". It has the prettiest sparkle gold paper I've ever worked with. OMG it doesn't shed glitter!!  So, what did I do? I added glimmer paste, which actually does shed a little.

The kit contains a shaped bubble that creates the body of the wine glass (die included), so I filled it with a small amount of white wine colored beads. The wine glass is cut from some of the Mercury Glass paper I've been using for Christmas cards. I love that stuff.  The background is an embossed swirly pattern that I've only used horizontally to indicate wind before, but it's very festive here vertically, right?  I used Tonic moonstone glimmer paste through a spotty stencil. Stingy old me only used tiny strips of the gold glitter paper on the side and bottom of the card.  The sentiment was gold embossed on a kraft strip, and the card base is kraft, also.

I have notice that I only do 4 or 5 cards from a kit before I "quit".  My goal is to do more than 5 with this one.  I may even go back to the Festive Flamingos and do more there, too.  I think they may still be in the bag. Except for the stamps and the dies, that is. Oh who am I kidding, it has been broken down into components into the stash at this point.

Oh, and those beads?  Well, they are just barely a little too thick for the shaker pouch. I had a little trouble gluing that glass down flat to the card. My bad, I know that sequins are better for shaker cards for a reason. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments: