Sunday, January 13, 2019

Valentine Card Kit, Part 2.

About this time last year I bought a card kit from Simon Says Stamp. It was the Limited Edition Valentine Kit for 2018. I wrote about it here.  It came with tons of stuff, and it was a very good value.  At least it would have been a good value if I had the inspiration to use all that stuff.  The main feature of the kit was a large page of stickers.

This year I took out the kit. I had kept it all together since I had barely made a dent in it,and I'm determined to use it up, or almost up.  So, my first plan of attack is the stickers.  It might be another case of sticker sneeze, but here goes.  In order to beef them up, I cut many hearts and postage-stamp edged rectangles from traditional Valentine's colors - red, pink and white. I sneaked in a couple of gold hearts, too.

I heat embossed the scripty background in white on the pink rectangle. The ribbon was from my stash also.

These weren't exactly stickers, more like ephemera. My focal point is a bit spread around on this one.



So freaking pink. Does this remind you of Valentine cards you made in elementary school with construction paper? But, there's no stamping or coloring on any of these. Hey, it's progress.  We'll see what else I can come up with. 

Then I have to see if I can give these puppies away, since I don't mail Valentines.
 

No comments: