Sunday, July 14, 2019

Thanks for bee-ing there.


I can't seem to get enough of these bees from the July 2019 Simon Says Stamp card kit, "Bee Yourself".  In the above card I used some of the original group of bees colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers on Bristol smooth card stock. I had clear embossed them, so coloring them was easy!

I used a honeycomb embossing folder on the dark teal cardstock, and pieced the other papers in horizontal rows, then added my gang of 3 bees. They look like they are flying in formation, right?


For this one, I had stamped the bees with Versafine Sepia ink, both first and second generation stamping. Then I colored them in with my Zigs.  The background was stamped with My Favorite Thing's Bundles of Blossoms background stamp and white embossed. I then blended on some Distress inks in a couple of yellows and blues and sprinkled water over all.

The "thanks" diecut (from Lawn Fawn) was covered with the Wow/HoneyBee yellow embossing powder. It's hard to tell in the photo, but it is sparkly and shiny. I then mounted it on a strip of vellum. Everything is glued flat to the front, there are no foam dots on either card. The only dimension is provided by the sequins and Nuvo drops.

No comments: