Sunday, December 1, 2019

Keep on truckin'

Yes, I'm starting in on my new kit from Queen & Co, "Special Delivery".  These kits are killing me, I seem to need them all.

There is something festive about a vintage red pickup truck that is speaking to me quite loudly recently.   This particular kit comes with shaker elements that stand up higher than I usually make.  I finally can put some of the dollar store beads in a shaker without doubling up on the foam tape. That's the good news.  The bad news is that it's so deep that extra postage may be necessary. 

For this, my first card from the kit, I used pearlesent paper from Michael's for the truck, and also for the back window and sentiment banner.  The sentiment is from my old favorite from Hero Arts. 

After I embellished with the 3 dots of Nuvo drops in the upper right corner, I noticed that I had forgotten to cut and attach the tail lights.  So I just put Nuvo drops there, too.

Now that I've had some fun with the truck, I need to go make some birthday cards for a birthday present. I wish I could say I had some in my stash to give, but the recipient doesn't do critters.  So I need to make some more with flowers and other non-animal focal points.

Happy December, everyone!

No comments: