Monday, December 30, 2019

2019 was the year of the card kits.

I'm going to call 2019 the year of the card kits, since I bought 8 of them. 2 of the kits I never even made 1 card from, not one!

The above kit, the limited edition kit for Simon Says Stamp Stamptember is one of them. I really can't say why I needed to have this kit. I really don't know why I did it.  I have used the Gina K glimmer gel from the kit, but that's all.

The Tonic Studios Christmas themed kit that I got during the summer is completely unused also.  Tonic Studios gets me with their embellishment "goops" and their specialty cotton papers.  The main feature of this kit is a die that creates a box frame. I'm probably never going to use that, but I had to have it just the same.



A couple of kits were well used, most recently Spellbinder's Merry Everything, and previously Simon Says Stamp's Bee Yourself.  I consider a kit well used if I make the "recommended" number of cards with it.  Most Youtube gurus do "10 cards, one kit" with the SSS kits, so that's my standard for SSS.  The Spellbinders kit came with 25 card bases and envelopes, so that's my standard for it.

A big lesson for me is to look at the sentiments included and REALLY think about where I would use them.  I'll always need birthday, sympathy and Christmas cards, but I have enough "love" cards to last me to the end. NO more Valentines.  No kits for minor holidays like St. Patrick's Day, either.  Is St. Patrick's Day a card sending occasion for me? No.

I have, so far, managed to resist Halloween kits.  Yay, self control.

No comments: