Sunday, January 26, 2020

I couldn't do it -- a sheetload of cards.

I got this 12 x 12" Jen Hadfield Patio Party paper pad at Tuesday Morning a couple of weeks after Christmas.

I was going to do a "sheetload" of cards, using the instructions at Call Me Crafty Al's website.  The concept is great. Just cut your 12 x 12 papers per the instructions and assemble. Easy peasy, right? There was even a page of cut-apart tags that could be used for the focal element/sentiment.  Well, my paper selections weren't so appropriate for this style of layout.  I used solid card stock to layer some of the pieces, but I still wasn't happy with the results.









By this time I had started cutting into different papers for the background, looking for just the right balance of patterns.  Funny thing, that one green fern pattern looks exactly like sheets I had in the 70s and 80s.

After this I gave up and started just putting down paper as I liked, card sketch be darned.






On the last card I gave up using different papers from the set and just used one, cut with a wavy border die.  The gold birds are from Paper Smooches..

So, the cards on the navy card bases got tied together with their matching envelopes into a set I hope someone can use.  The others on white card bases, and the one pink one, got the envelopes fancied up with the rest of that last flowered paper. They too will be tied together into a gift bundle, as soon as I get more pink ribbon.  Who knew I'd run out of ribbon?

The part that has me laughing is that I bought that paper pad because I loved the sheet with the flamingos.  I'm hoarding it.  

Edited to add this last card which I missed in the last photo shoot. It belongs here, so here it is:


No comments: