Wednesday, February 12, 2020

I did a sheetload of cards, sort of.


Well, I did it, sort of. I created the base layout of the 12 cards using the guide provided by Alicia of Call Me Crafty Al.  This layout is the January 2020 sheetload.  I used more paper from the Jen Hadfield 12 x 12 pad that I did for my last attempt at a sheetload.

I failed a little when it came to doing the actual focal point.  I think you are supposed to do them all alike, or close to alike. I just couldn't stick a sentiment stamp in the white square and call it done.  Since I have a bunch of pre-colored and cut critters, I went through my boxes and pulled out the ones that went with the green and yellow backgrounds. Of course I had to go rooting around in the stamp sets to find appropriate sentiments for the images.

The first three images and sentiments are from Simon Says Stamp, Sugarpea Designs' Cuddly Cacti.  



These two are also Simon Says Stamp, only this time they are Picture Book dies. I messed around with the teeth a good bit to get them like I liked them.  The sentiments were in a dish I keep on my desk. I think they are SSS also.



Next up we have the die from Concord & 9th, "By your side". On the first one I used the outline that cuts with the birds, and on the second one I just used the birds. On the second one I also popped up the wings with a little foam tape. Again, the sentiment strips have been in my side bowl for a while.



These next two use bird dies from Paper Smooches.


The sentiment for this one is from The Alleyway Stamps, one of their bird sets.


This funny guy is from My Favorite Things' Monster Sized.  He's been in my critter box for years.


This dragonfly die is one I picked up in Michael's a while back and had never used.  It comes in 2 parts, one to cut and one to emboss. Both of the parts wanted to bend out of shape when I tried to get it off the packaging. I guess that's what I get for leaving in in there for so long.


Next up, the bee is from Spellbinder's The Laurel and the Bee set. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.



So, what do you think, does this qualify as a sheetload?

No comments: