Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hello, birds!


I recently won a gift certificate to Concord and 9th, for participation in the Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop. I was SO excited, because I have had my eye on this bird die for a bit. This is "By Your Side". I also got another die and set of card bases which I haven't used yet.

You can't tell by looking at this picture, but the die not only cuts the 2 birds on the branch, but it also cuts a thin outline of paper above and below the birds. I can use the thin outlines to create another "picture", and you will see the results of that, soon!

I cut the birds from water color paper and quickly colored them with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I then tried to figure out which color to mount them to. I probably should have picked the paper and then the bird colors, but live and learn, right?

I used the Romantic Script background stamp from My Favorite Things, then cut the "Hello" from a MFT word die (Hello There). That panel was mounted on a very old piece of patterned paper, then the whole thing was attached to the front of a top folding card base. I popped their little wings up with a tiny bit of clear foam tape.

Now, back to nonstop mayhem on the news. I'm shaking my head.

No comments: