Saturday, July 23, 2016

Thankful flowers

Today I took my inspiration from Stephanie Klauck from the My Favorite Things design team. I liked her card so much I practically copied it. Honestly, I suck at grouping flower stamps into a great arrangement, so I copied Stephanie's. I also liked her coloring on Kraft colored paper, so I copied that too. Thanks, Stephanie for the wonderful idea. Totally not mine.



As you can see, I did one with white embossed images, and the other I stamped in black ink.  These flowers are My Favorite Things' Funky Flowers set. The sentiments are from MFT's Grateful die and stamp set. I die cut the "grateful' word in black and purple, and put the black one slightly offset behind the purple one, to give it a shadow.

One thing I really appreciated about Stephanie's arrangement is that none of the images touch each other, so no masking was needed. Yay! 

Both were colored with my Prismacolor pencils. It's funny, I don't use them very often, so most of them are almost full length. But that dark olive green kept breaking, so I kept on sharpening it. It is now less than half length and looks odd in the tray. Plus I Googled broken colored pencils and found out I was doing it ALL WRONG. You turn the sharpener, not the pencil. I just ordered the electric pencil sharpener that was recommended by Sandy Allnock. Oh, and I may put that one in my car to soften it up and heal the core. My car can get up to 120 degrees in the sun, no kidding. Florida. Sigh.

No comments: