Sunday, January 28, 2018

Keep rockin', funny sheep!

These sheep are so funny! I would love to give credit for them, but I really don't know their origins.

I saw them on a website that sells stuff directly from China, very inexpensively. A lot of the stamp sets are direct copies (ripoffs) from actual companies here in the USA. I try not to buy stuff if it's something I know is a copy, although I will buy dies in basic shapes. I fell in love with these sheep and tried to find out where they were copied from. My reverse image search just brought me back to the Chinese site. I think I've seen these guys before, but I couldn't say where or when.

Anyway, after searching for a couple of weeks without finding them, I went ahead and ordered them from the Chinese site. I stamped them in My Favorite Things Hybrid ink on watercolor paper, and colored them with whatever colors had dried in my palette. I think they may be Gansai Tambi. I had fun messing up with the background, and I forgot to color the guitar. Oh well.

I cut the main panel with a wonky stitched rectangle, and foam mounted it onto a card base. The pink card base was stamped with a MFT background stripe in Simon Says Stamp Wisteria die ink.

I love watercolor. Even when you mess up it looks ok. Works for me.

If you know where these sheep came from, please let me know, OK?


No comments: