Sunday, January 14, 2018

MFT Sketch Challenge 367

Wow, 2 sketch challenges in a row! I must be on a roll here.

This is for My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 367. Here is the sketch:

I used My Favorite Things' Meant to Bee stamp set, with a beehive, clouds, and bees. I used a kraft card base of 100 lb Neenah Desert Storm card stock, and used an old background stamp from Red Rubber. The bees and beehive are colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. The white frame is from MFT also. The background is stamped directly on the kraft with Versamark. This background stamp is a few years old, and isn't big enough to cover the front of an A2 sized card. That's why I was excited to see MFT had a full-sized honeycomb background. You could say that it was a companion stamp to the Meant To Bee set.

Here's my whine:

I tried to get a couple of MFT items in mid-December, but I hesitated and they went out of stock. But wait-- they are in stock over at Simon Says Stamp! So I ordered from them on December 9th.  That was a big mistake since they were out of stock on at least 2 of the MFT items I ordered from them. Did their online store mention this? No. Long story short, they cancelled 2 of my items, and the ones they didn't cancel came in on January 11th.  Yes, one of them was a Christmas stamp, which I'm betting wasn't one of the ones they were holding up for. So, that'll show me, don't be so impatient or it will come back to bite me. My impulse purchases don't always work out.

Fun fact:

My brother is a beekeeper and I got the BEST honey from him, ever.

2 comments:

Terribly Great said...

Bummer about the stamps! I hate when they have to cancel stuff from an order. Love that you used Zig Real Color markers, I have some but always forget to use them. This inspires me! Awesome that your bother is a bee keeper!

Dave said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog, thanks for sharing