Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sketch challenge part 2 (and maybe 3?)

Here is another entry in My Favorite Things' Sketch Challenge # 366. I love this challenge! The dogs are stamped and heat embossed on water color paper, then colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. They are then cut with the next-to-smallest of the MFT Wonky Stitched Circle dies. The patterned papers are from MFT also. The dogs are from the Lucky Dog stamp set, and the sentiment is from Top Dog. I chose the sentiment from Top Dog since it is not so tall and would fit on the skinny strip from Blueprints 27.

Do you chose sentiments based on what fits? Or do you decide ahead what you want and then design it to fit?

I didn't want to cover up much of the bottom dog, so I went with a skinny strip.

Anyway, here is a bonus card based on the same sketch, but featuring the cute bugs from Waffle Flower Craft's Rock On stamp set. I used MFT patterned paper for this one.

I also decided to put the sentiment IN the last element and skip the strip altogether.

No comments: