Saturday, January 27, 2018

Monster greetings


I was too late for the sketch challenge, and I couldn't decide whether to share this one or not. But, keeping it real, here goes.

I had colored up an entire 8.5 by 11 sheet of card stock with these cool monsters from My Favorite Things. They are called Monster Sized, and they are very cute.

While I followed the sketch to the letter, I felt that the card was lacking something. I drew in some black stitching lines around the center panel, but it still doesn't please me.

My goal last week was to color a lot with my Prismacolor Pencils, and I did do that. I also ordered a set of Polychromos pencils and used them for a bunch of the monsters, too. While I couldn't tell much difference in the results, I will say coloring with the Polychromos was more pleasant. They blend nicely, of course, but I used the Gamsol anyway. 

I showed some of these over on Instagram (@cardsanddogs) for the Daily Marker's 30 day color challenge.


The dark purple one on the end of the 3rd row was done with my Zig Clean Color real brush markers. This is totally the wrong paper to do that on, so he'll hit the can.

I also discovered that my Scan and Cut was seeing things that are not there. 

The nice expert on Facebook told me that my machine needs re calibrating. I sure hope that helps. I just got a new blade and cutting mat for this .

No comments: