Friday, February 9, 2018

My Punny Valentines





Yes, I love puns.There you have it.

These are from Simon Says Stamp's Foodie Friends stamp set, which came in the Limited Edition Valentine's Kit (January/February 2018).  These tiny images were colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers on mixed media paper, and cut with my Brother Scan N Cut. I put them on small white panels that had a smear of Distress Oxide color and stamped with the coordinating puns that came with the set. I used a few of the heart stickers from the set on the "Soda-Lightful" card, but the others were mounted on a ripped paper die and then layered with some black and white accent paper.

I am almost avoiding talking about my buyer's regret with this kit. The main part of this kit, aside from the stamp set, is the large sheet of card-stock stickers. So far I've made 2 cards featuring the stickers and I'm completely under-impressed with them.

Back when I was first making cards I learned about the phenomenon of "sticker sneeze"", where stickers were put down seemingly at random.  Want to see an example? Here you go:


The group of flowers in the lower right are part of the patterned paper, and the 3 big images are stickers.  I'm totally unimpressed with this one, alright?

No comments: