Monday, January 16, 2017

More sympathy


Once again, I'm doing a sympathy card. This time I'm using my My Favorite Things Fancy Flower Card Kit. I stamped the flowers and leaves on Bristol Smooth card stock and colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. The kit included the dies, but try as I might I couldn't line the stamps up on the back of the connected dies like Amy R can. To save time I cut out all the flowers and leaves with my Brother Scan N Cut. Maybe next time I'll use the dies, LOL.

I used my new (to me) rectangle dies from Gina Marie designs, and hand cut a banner for the sentiment from a scrap of the lavender paper.

I'm loving these flowers, but doing sympathy cards is getting me down, and I don't even need one at this time. I guess it's better to do them in advance.

On a happier note, I finally got a stamp for the back of my cards with my name on it. When I was primarily making cards for Operation Write Home, I only stamped the name of this blog on the back. I actually got 2 stamps, one whimsical with a hand
print, and one a little more sophisticated with a dragonfly.  Which do you like better?

1 comment:

Carol H. said...

Your card is really pretty! Love the colors you used! We do need those sympathy cards, sadly, but you're right, it's good to have them on hand. (Thanks for the kind comment on my card! :)