Friday, January 6, 2017

With sympathy, and flowers


So today I decided to break out the stitched flower dies I got back in, I think, November. I had to have them, yet Christmas cards took priority, you know?

Anyway, I cut these cute stitched flower dies from My Favorite Things from some Bristol smooth card stock, and colored them with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in shades of blue, pink and purple, with yellow centers. I layered them up using glue dots, and decided to do the sketch challenge at MFT. After I piled on all the flowers you really couldn't see the bottom of either rectangle, but it's there, really. The yellow leaves had been in my images cup for over a year. They were cut with a Spellbinders die from a watercolor experiment gone very wrong. Save!

 Anyway, flowers seem to always seem appropriate for sympathy cards, and I need them more often than I wish I did. The sentiments are both from the MFT set called Deepest Sympathy. I used a linen background stamp on the front of the pink card, using a light pink ink for a tone on tone look.



No comments: